Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sweet Escapes


I have felt so guilty about abandoning ship on this blog, but i'm back! and of course, I come bearing posts! 

This April I took a trip to Cancun with two chicks who make me laugh and snort like a cow even in the most blah of situations. A week full of lazy crazy beachy days, we’d get back to the hotel room every night, covered in grainy wet sand. It was a perfect getaway! 

a little thing I truly, truly loved(and will never forget) #5:

vacationing with friends (or Cancun!!!)

We snorkeled, or at least the others did. I, on the other hand, was like a fish out of water--pun intended.  I splished and splashed around, and I probably had enough salt in my belly to season my next five meals. All I have to say is, after snorkeling for about an hour and a half, I was in awe of everyone else who had managed to have an amazing experience. And when I finally did get the hang of it, it was time to go! Maybe next time..and that's a big maybe!


we went to see if the world was really going to end at Chichen Itza, and met a little girl named Maria who decided she wanted to be a part of our touristy shots. 



  we danced the night away surrounded by confetti and acrobats!  


but my favorite parts of the trip were the talks. We shared our stories, our worries, and of course the gossip-- and we shared the fact that we all wanted to get away from something, and this trip was our getaway. Surrounded by the bright cerulean blue ocean, and the perfect sand, we enjoyed our sweet escape.  


No comments:

Post a Comment