Monday, January 30, 2012

Pocketful of sunshine

Today I woke up thinking, oh no, its Monday again..back to my desk, clicking and clacking at the keyboard. And the dreary winter air doesn't help the Monday blues either.

But I get dressed and schlep to work.

 As I drive towards that desk in the corner of the office, the sun comes out shining as bright as ever, and my grumpy don't-talk-to-me-till-I've-had-my-coffee self turns into Natasha Bedingfield. "the sun is on my side, takes me for a ride, I smile up to the sky, and know I'll be alright."  

So there we have it, Little Thing # 3: 

Sunshine!

The bright sun can change a mood so drastically. What I thought would be a boring sleepy Monday at work turned out to be a day full of energy and accomplishments. With the sun shining through the window, I got through the workday with a smile on my face. I was even humming! On a Monday morning!

As I drove home, even the rush hour traffic didn't get to me, I just blasted the music and broke out my Adele-esque talents combined with Britney's famous pop moves, and yep, got a few stares, (jealous!)but I didn't care. All I thought about was how much longer it would be until spring has sprung.


The bright sunny day also inspired today's DIY project:

 Sunshine & Stripes Zipper Canvas Pouch!



1 comment: